2009 Grand National Roadster Show – The Aftermath
There’s too many rocking hot rods… the customs… they’re oozing coolness into the ultra-chromed and engraved super-show low riders. It’s too much and perfect all at once. The aftermath is several hundred photos of who knows how many of the toughest cars anywhere. This is the Grand-daddy of them all, the 60th annual, Grand National Roadster Show.
We’re still arranging the hot rod and custom car pics and all there is to say from the Arizona crew that attended the 2009 Grand National Roadster Show. Starting out, we hit the road for Pomona on Saturday at 2 AM then we motored non-stop the whole weekend to try and take it all in. Only the mariachi band provided some relief.
The pictures we took from the show are now loaded: Hot Rods and Customs from GNRS
So stay tuned for these stories.
- The American’s Most Beautiful Roadster (AMBR) winner: The Harry Willett of Willett Specials built “Hot Rod Special” (pictured here) – Read it now: “Hot Rod Special” AMBR Winner in Pictures & Video
- Nihon in the house! A Japanese magazines, blog and a pinstriper were in town for the show. Ever seen a ‘flaked painted, pinstriped “daruma”? I’ll explain… Japanese Hot Rod Culture Pinstriped & Flaked!
- America’s Most Bitchin Roadster: “Double Trouble”
- Results from the 14th Pinstriper’s Reunion – Pulling lines for Charity
- The Arizona Connection – Check out the hot rods and customs that have an AZ hand in them and maybe hear more about the mariachis?
- The Ultimate Show Cars: Dig these Low riders done up to a level I had never imagined. Painted, striped, polished, then engraved and displayed to perfection. If you like low riders or not, the workmanship in these cars are undeniable.
- The Legends: Pics and Videos of previous AMBR and Grand National Roadster Show Champions.
These are just a few of the pictures that MyRideisMe.com will be presenting. Please check back with us and if you want to see something in particular, ask us! We probably shot it!
Thanks for stopping by! While you’re here, Join us! My Ride is Me is an online community for car lovers like you. Get your own custom garage, read the forum and browse the picture gallery including pinup models! Something for everyone…